Tuesday, July 2, 2013

just a little business


Tonight's project
Tonight's late night adventure: making a wreath.  Someone called and asked if I could get one together by tomorrow (evening, I hope) and of course I said yes!  The "no" button on me doesn't work (but my husband and my children would tell you differently).  Honestly, I had all the supplies needed and can get this beauty created by tomorrow, so why not?

I'm relatively new to the wreath world.  It kind of happened upon me by way of the gals at M and Em Signs.  I had a request for a custom order from one of the gals and then they invited me to be a part of their amazing boutiques that they do twice a year.  And, ta-dah! My business started.  I didn't think wreaths could be very popular, but now I can't live without one on my front door.  It makes my home so much more welcoming and inviting.  I don't actually own one that just permanently lives on my door.  I try out the new ones we create all the time.


I convinced one of my sister-in-laws to join me in this venture.  Sometimes being in business for yourself is a bit too overwhelming and time consuming.  I can't tell you how much pressure has been taken off of me since she decided to be a part of this with me.  And I think her creative side has grown a bit too!

So the best part of this whole business thing?  My sister-in-law and I are traveling to Tennessee to go to a Woman's Retreat in August and the profits from our business are able to cover the cost of the entire thing: tickets, flights, hotel and all!  (Now if we could just pack my other sister-in-law into one of our pieces of luggage, that'd be awesome!)

Anyway, back to the business at hand: creating that wreath.  Because making dreams come true usually takes hard work, serious lack of sleep, and a boatload of prayer...

KC

p.s. You can check out our little business here.  We love what we do and can create almost anything you can dream up or pin on Pinterest!














1 comment:

  1. Thank you for the shout out Kathy! You're great at what you do!!! I think its pretty awesome you have been able to save enough for your trip! I love the 4th of July wreath! Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete