Monday, February 23, 2015

my reason

It's late.
But my eternally-encouraging, all-knowing Mom told me that I should write.
I took a break, a pretty long one for me.
But that's because I let doubt creep in.
I strive to let God use my writing for His purpose.
But my head tells me that I'm not worthy.
I'm not good enough.
Why should God use me?

I don't know about you, but that's the story of my life, friends!
I'm not very good at this Mom thing. Sometimes I'm downright horrible at it.
And I still have a lot to learn about marriage.
I'm lucky to have any friends with all the birthdays I've forgotten.
My priorities are pretty much always askew.
Homeschooling. If you ever want to feel like a failure, try homeschooling!
Self-discipline? Ha!
Cleaning bathrooms? Another Ha!

And that list could go on for quite a while...

But I think I'll take another run at this writing thing again.
Because although I bring a lot of imperfections to everything I do,
God can take my shortcomings and turn them into something great. 
And if I can end up giving Him the glory for what I write...
Or for my successes as a Mom...
Or this happy marriage...
Then I won't give up.
I'll keep working toward my calling.

Thanks for reading.
God has me writing for a reason.
Maybe you're the reason why.

KC

No comments:

Post a Comment