Tuesday, February 24, 2015

Smile

The other day, I noticed my 9 year old was smiling a lot more than usual. I kept asking her what was going on because it was unusual to see her smile so frequently. (Little insight on my girl: she tends to see the glass as half empty. But you better believe I am combatting that now because that is not a perspective that I want her live with the rest of her life.) She never really gave me a good answer, just kinda giggled and said, "I don't know!" 

Since that day I have been pointing out her smile and telling her how much I love it. And when she is not smiling, I tease her until she is! Not only is her 9 year old smile beautiful to me, it's infectious.

People, we need to smile more! It is good for the smiler and for anyone who sees it. When I see the grins on my kiddos faces, I can't help but grin back. And when I see them in good moods, it puts me in a good mood.

While I'm at it, let me just tell you about one of my pet peeves: when I walk past someone, make eye contact and smile and they make no acknowledgement, no reciprocation of the smile...they just keep walking their grumpy rear-end past me. That drives me crazy! I know sometimes there is other stuff going on in life, but is being polite really that difficult?

Ok, let me just come down off my soapbox by telling you this: your smile could make a difference in the life of someone today. So why not share it? Besides, you look so much more gorgeous with it on that without it. 

KC

No comments:

Post a Comment