Sunday, March 1, 2015

girlfriends

When I look back through my years of friendships, I have truly been blessed. I can't think of a single friendship that I have regretted, which is pretty great because, you know, some women can be downright, well, bad for you. Perhaps it's because God's always had a hand in who He's put in my life and has given me discernment in choosing my girlfriends. 

And praise God for girlfriends! I can't tell you how often I've needed a shoulder and one of my dearest girls has been there for me. I've needed prayer or help or just someone to listen to me vent. I've needed someone to relate my life to so that I don't feel alone in my struggles, someone to say the right word at the right time, to support me, encourage me. I've got girls who will go out with me to laugh and giggle or let me come hang out at their house to get me away from this house I am in practically 24 hrs a day. 

My husband is my best friend. And he's a great one! But, he is not a girl. (Just stating the obvious, folks). Girlfriends let you know that you are not crazy, even if you are a little crazy, because for women being a little bit crazy is normal. They make sure you know that you are not alone in your struggles, shortcomings, failures, and issues because we all have struggles, shortcomings, failures, and issues. And they let you know that it's okay to be emotional. It's just what we do. And that's okay.

Grab your girlfriends and hug them around the neck. We need each other. And if you can't think of a good friend to hug, I'm here. I'll be your friend. I'm decent at it, just ask my girls. 💗

I love my girls - you all know who you are.

KC


No comments:

Post a Comment