Tuesday, March 3, 2015

i see you

Hey momma - you gave up your career to stay home with your little ones. I see you.

And you, driving home from work so you can pick your kids up from the bus stop after school. I see you too.

Sleeping in your kiddos room tonight because they've been sick all day? I've been there. Yeah, your back is gonna hurt, but what's that on top of all the other aches and pains you've got?

Staying up late to make the perfect birthday treat for your birthday kiddo? I get that. There will be coffee in the pot tomorrow. I promise.

Homeschooling those munchkins? Let me just tell you how much I get that.

Extra laundry because your kiddo wet the bed last night?
Researching different types of recipes for your highly sensitive food allergen child?
Fighting through tears because homework takes 3 hours? (Your tears and theirs?!)
Hair in a ponytail because there was no time for a shower this morning?

I get that.

Moms sacrifice.

When it comes to our families, we sacrifice ourselves to the point of exhaustion.

(And this is not a comparison to dads who make their own sacrifices. It is just a tribute to moms because, well, I happen to be one.)

I just want you moms to know that I see you. 
I applaud you.
I think you're amazing.

Even if no one else seems to notice.
I know it.
I get it.
And I want to tell you that you're doing an awesome job.

The rewards might seem small right now.
Or maybe you see no rewards at all!
But God sees.
He knows your heart.

So keep it up.
Your sacrifices are making a difference.
Even if you can't see it right now.

KC

No comments:

Post a Comment