Wednesday, March 4, 2015

a kind word

I've read this in a few different places: for every negative comment that a person hears, they need 10 positive comments to build them back up to where they were. 

Wow.
Let that sink in.

You know where that hits home?
At home.

At home.
That's where the people are that I take for granted.
That's where the family lives whom I just assume know how much I love them and I assume they know how wonderful I think they are.
That's where my irritation and frustration are exposed in the words I say.
That's where emotions and words aren't always kept in check.
That's where examples are set.
That's where there is a greater need for the positive. 

1 negative = 10 positive comments
3 negative = 30 positive comments
5 negative = 50 positive comments

Time to bring the positive into focus. 
Time to make sure I am intentional about the words coming out of my mouth.
And not just at home.
Because chances are someone else I know and care about, a friend or child or family member, needs a good word.
Time to make positive words a daily part of my life.

I'm pretty sure I'm not the only one...

KC

PS: a kind word for you:



No comments:

Post a Comment