Tuesday, June 19, 2012

skyping: super fun!

I skyped today.  First time.  Pretty proud.  Pretty sure my niece (who only lives a couple miles away and skyped with me this evening) thinks I'm a big dork.  I'm okay with that.  Today, she helped open a whole new world to me!  I cannot WAIT to use this with dear friends who are far away.  I'm hoping my kids can have "Skype Pals" in the same way that I had a penpal!

Sometimes, I put off doing things that are unfamiliar to me.  Things that I have to try and figure out.  I usually ask myself later why I waited so long to figure these things out!  I waited forever to join MOMS Club (I have made some wonderful friendships because I finally joined at my sister-in-law's persistence).  I waited forever to figure out Pinterest (I can't even begin to tell you how much Pinterest has affected my life).  I waited forever to start meal-planning each week.  Life simplified by just taking about 15-20 minutes to plan out meals and make a shopping list each week.  Even making better meals - I was always afraid of making things like lasagna and meatloaf, things I figured would be automatic failures.  Nope!  Turned out great!  Exercise: okay, I'm still working on trying to make a habit of that one.  But I am trying and that's the first step.

So, to be quite honest, I have never read the entire Bible in a year.  I've tried starting in January and have failed... in January.  I put it on my "40 Before 40" list (a list of 40 things that I want to accomplish before I turn 40) with high hopes of completing it.  But if I never get started, I'll never finish.  And if I never get started, I'll never know what I'm missing.  Sometimes ignorance is bliss.  But in this situation, ignorance regarding the Word of God is just ignorance. 

So here goes!  Wish me luck.  Maybe you all can help keep me accountable.  (And maybe I'll try and find you on Skype too - it was SO much fun!) 

What new thing are you going to try today?

KC


2 comments:

  1. Hooray! Can't wait! Give it a few times and Jayne will be better at Skyping than you. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a Bible somewhere that guides you through it in a year. If you like you may borrow, if I can find. It was a big help for me.
    Love,Mom

    ReplyDelete