Monday, June 6, 2016

erring on the side of generosity

I know there are a number of you who won't agree with me on this, but I have always felt that it is better to give too much rather than not enough, whether the receiver deserves it or not. 

The waitress who did a terrible job checking in on me while I was eating: she still gets a decent tip. Who knows, maybe it'll brighten her day and she'll do a better job.

The food for the party: there is still not enough room in the fridge for the leftovers, but at least no one left hungry! 

The one who always offers to pay for the other person's drink when you meet for coffee: but it's okay because honestly, I'm not keeping track of who paid last or when and really, as long as I can afford to pay for it, it doesn't really matter. 

Whatever the situation, I'd rather err on the side of generosity. 

Sure, it might mean someone takes advantage of that once in a while, but as long as God sees the true intention of the generosity, that's what matters to me.

Plus all that I have came from Him and maybe I'm wrong but I think He'd prefer that I over-give than under-give with His gifts.

And the fact that God went ahead and generously gave His son to die so that I wouldn't have to be sentenced to hell even though I deserve to be, that sets a pretty high precedent for me to follow if I truly desire to be more like Him.

So disagree with me if you'd like, but I'd rather err on the side of generosity.

KC

 

No comments:

Post a Comment