Wednesday, May 9, 2012

the beauty of t-shirts

I'm a t-shirt gal.  I like to dress nice, don't get me wrong.  But for comfort a t-shirt is where it's at!  And in the world of Pinterest,  I have found amazing ways to use t-shirts.  Very simple projects that give great results.  Today I worked on a bunch of jersey necklace/scarves (whatever you want to call them).  I had some custom orders to fill and then just started getting crazy (well, as crazy as you can get with a scissors, t-shirt, and glue gun).  Here are the results (most of theses were created today, a couple were created, well, not today):
This is the solo color version - little rosette on the side can be worn in the back as well.

Decided to do a few special school colors for one of the local schools.

Wasn't long before my daughter wanted one - here's her version.
I thought I'd do some varying colors myself and was very pleased with the results!
Wanted a textured variation - added knots.

And for a more "put together" look,  I tried my hand at braiding.
But I think this is my favorite.  I just like it.


So what's the moral of the story today?  Don't judge a book by it's cover.  (Huh?  How does that apply here?!)  You know: you take what looks to be a simple t-shirt and see what kind of beauty can be found in it?   

Or, we can look for the deeper meaning: don't judge people by how they look or even by your first impression.  Turns out that this gal I was "acquainted" with for a number of years and thought I didn't have anything in common with (and I'd venture to guess she felt the same way during our "acquainted" years) is now a very close friend of mine.  We get along famously!  It's amazing what  you can learn about someone just by spending a few minutes listening to them.

KC


'But the Lord said to Samuel, "Do not consider his appearance or his height, for I have rejected him.  The Lord does not look at the things people look at.  People look at the outward appearance, but the Lord looks at the heart.'"  1 Samuel 16:7



No comments:

Post a Comment