Tuesday, May 1, 2012

non-guilty resting

I made the mistake of sitting down and suddenly all that I still had left on my "to do" list was gone from memory!  I'm usually a night owl.  I can work on a project till midnight, or at least 11:00.  Anytime in bed before then is an early night for me.  Maybe, perhaps, that has something to do with why I'm not a morning person...

Today's Gift of Survival: allowing myself to go to bed.  Early. Kind of early.  Today was one of those days where I hit the ground running and didn't sit until the kids were tucked into bed.  I don't even remember lunch, but I think it was in there somewhere.  I know there were a few helpings of coffee, that's for sure.  And tonight, as I think through all I still feel should be finished, I know I could re-motivate myself into getting these things done.  I've done it before.  But perhaps it would be better for myself (and anyone who comes into contact with me tomorrow) if I just went to bed.  All those things will still be waiting for me tomorrow.  So tonight I will issue myself a "go to bed on time with out feeling guilty" card. 

Just a few reminders of  "resting" from whatever you need rest from:


"Come to Me, all you who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest."  Matthew 11:28

"I will both lie down in peace, and sleep; For you alone, O Lord, make me dwell in safety." Psalm 4:8

"I lay down and slept; I awoke for the Lord sustained me." Psalm 3:5

"My soul finds rest in God alone, my salvation comes from Him.  He alone is my rock and my salvation, He is my fortress, I will never be shaken."  Psalm 62:1-2

"Do you not know?  Have you not heard?  The Lord is the everlasting God, the Creator of the ends of the earth.  He will not grow tired or weary, and his understanding no one can fathom.  He gives strength to the weary and increases the power of the weak.  Even youths grow tired and weary, and young men stumble and fall; but those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength.  They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint." Isaiah 40:28-31

Praise the Lord for being our resting place and renewing our strength (physical, emotional, mental, and spiritual) each day!

KC

No comments:

Post a Comment