Wednesday, September 23, 2015

i like my family

Well, we are well into our #CraginAdventures2015 and we are having a great time and no one has bitten any one else's head off, yet... I mean, seriously, we are living in an itty-bitty trailer together with pretty close quarters. However, we've been gone most of the day enjoying our time at Disneyland together as a family for the first time EVER!

Can I just tell you how great it is to have time together that is not school/work/chore focused? I even enjoy making breakfast and dinner for my family. And the kids complain very little about the schoolwork that we do. And the husband, well he's not at work so that alone makes him a happier person.

We need good times together as a family. Yes, it is important to teach our kids to be responsible and to get on them about their chores. And it is important to go to work to support the family. And of course education is valuable. But enjoyable times together, having fun, making memories, just being together as a family unit where everyone is happy - that is priceless!

Now granted, this doesn't have to be at Disneyland and I'll tell you, this might be the only time we experience the Happiest Place on Earth as a family (because wowsers on the cost.) These moments can happen anywhere! Camping (my personal favorite) or a day at the beach, a ball game (did I mention that there is an Angels' game in our very near future?) or even just a couple hours at the neighborhood park. This investment of time is invaluable to the family.

I'd love to show you some of the pictures of our time together on the blog, but unfortunately the internet here at this particular campground has not been my friend on my ipad, which is where I usually post from. So I'll just keep posting on Facebook and on Instagram, where most of you are friends with/following me anyway!

Meanwhile, go find those people that God gave you who mean the world to you and spend some happy time with them. Maybe you'll end up liking them even more!!

KC


No comments:

Post a Comment