Wednesday, September 30, 2015

plastic cup and a green straw

While we were on vacation, we stayed in a little RV "Resort" close to the beach and close to family, friends, and our favorite restaurants in Huntington Beach. The "Resort" was more of a bunch of parking spots with full hookups for our trailer. It served our basic purposes, but we didn't spend much time there. The showers at the "Resort" left a lot to be desired and our little shower in the trailer is just big enough to soap up the walls and spin around to get clean. Needless to say, we opted to shower at my bro-in-law's place. 

The kids and I would typically go in the evenings but my husband would go each morning to shower while I stayed back and made breakfast in my huge kitchen:

That's right, hash browns and cheesy ham and eggs! 

Now you might think breakfast was the best part of the morning. (I, personally, am a huge fan of breakfast.) 
But it wasn't. 

The best part was when my husband would come back from taking his shower and he'd walk in carrying my love language: 
The Salted Caramel Mocha Frappuccino. Pure heaven in a plastic cup through a green straw! 

*If you have no idea what a love language is, I recommend Dr. Gary Chapman's book: The Five Love Languages. Great book for relationships of any kind!*

(I have to digress here for just a moment for those of you who know my favorite drink is a Treinta Black Iced Tea with Strawberry added, no water, heavy on the strawberry juice, with only 3.5 pumps of Classic Syrup. As much as I love the tea, if I could order the Salted Caramel Mocha Frappe everyday and not get fat from it, I would. Plus, this was easier for my husband to order without worrying about the drink being made wrong. I'm pretty particular about my tea. Now back to the regularly scheduled program...)

Not only did he bring me a taste of heaven in a plastic cup with a green straw, but he would surprise me with it! I love surprises! I love to know that he's thinking of me and doing something special to make my day. 

That guy, speaking my love language, just set the tone for the rest of each day: wonderful! 
It's amazing what a little bit of effort can do in a relationship...

KC





No comments:

Post a Comment