Thursday, January 28, 2016

iron

Oh my goodness, I am starting this post at 11:50. Let's hope the words come quickly and clearly!!

Today I talked with (and by talked with, I mean over the phone and via text) a couple of gals who are my iron. 

You see, I had a pretty insignificant issue that happen to me this afternoon, but it was irritating and was nagging me. I didn't know exactly how to handle it so I was going to ask one of my close gals, who knows my heart quite well, how I should handle it. Before I could start a conversation with her, she texted me! It was almost as if she knew....😳. So I explained the situation to her and told her what I wanted to do to handle it...and she promptly told me, "No." Then she proceeded to tell me exactly how I should handle it, thereby putting me in my place, which is exactly where I needed to be put. That's iron.

Another dear, dear gal of mine called to get my opinion on a pretty significant situation in her life. And I told her my honest opinion because that's what she wanted. This same gal and I will often send pictures of outfits back and forth because we need a truthful answer on it's adorableness or on how big it makes our booties look. And I will call her any time I need a push in the right direction, especially in regards to homeschooling! Because she is my iron too.

I have more irons in my life. Friends whom I respect, who shoot me straight, who give me their honesty, who tell me when my attitude sucks, who tell me that I handled it wrong and should look at it from another perspective. I would not be who I am today without these people and I couldn't live without them.

You know why? Because "As iron sharpens iron, so one person sharpens another." Proverbs 27:17.

These friends who aren't afraid to speak truth in my life are making me a better person. They challenge me and speak to me with love. I want to be held accountable and to a higher standard by people who love me and care about me and want to see me grow. I am grateful that God has put these amazing people in my life.

These same people trust me to be iron in their lives so that I might help them become better people also. 
Do you have friends who sharpen you?
Because they are valuable!
Or maybe more importantly, are you that kind of friend?

(Found this beauty on Pinterest!)

KC

No comments:

Post a Comment