Friday, September 27, 2013

never give up

A few years back I was have a discussion about my difficulties in raising a strong-willed child. After chatting and answering some questions, this individual said to me, "It sounds like you've given up."  I immediately, almost without thought responded with, "Absolutely not!"

It was then that it was cemented in my mind that with any child I had, no matter what their struggles or mine were, I would never give up on them. I determined within my heart that I would help my children through whatever sins, trials, temptations, or otherwise that might come their way, no matter what the cost.  

That is why I am here. For this purpose I was created and God knew that when He created my children.

I am not perfect.  I've made a billion mistakes already. Maybe more. And I will make a billion more.  My selfishness gets in the way.  My desires, my struggles and my weaknesses.  I get tired. I get frustrated. I get offended and hurt. I get downright angry.

But I never give up.

When you look at your child who has made you pull out all your hair.  When you are looking at them and seeing only red.  When you feel alone in your parenting struggles. When you just hide in your closet and cry.  Take hope.  Because deep down, Mama Bear, you are NOT going to give up.  You will continue to lift your child up to The Lord, their Father.  You will read books, seek advice, change their diet, research the internet, try a thousand strategies for that child because you will not give up.

It's okay to fail.  It's okay to ask for help. It's okay if you don't have the answers.  We are not perfect. We are human.  How else can God prove Himself to be amazing if we already are?

Take hope.
Because even when you are low, you know that you'll pick yourself back up and try again tomorrow.
Because you will not give up.

(That's my pep talk to myself!  Can you feel it?!)

KC

No comments:

Post a Comment