Sunday, August 16, 2015

accountability for my weaknesses

A while back I identified one of my 215 weaknesses (there are probably more, but I haven't identified them all yet). Self-discipline. I am not self-disciplined. Even about the things I am passionate about! Exercising, writing, singing, eating healthy....

But identifying that weakness was the first step. Finding ways to correct it has been the next step.

Sometimes all it takes is seeing the results of staying self-disciplined: exercising brought about a strength I never knew I could posses and the change in my body shape was definitely motivating. Making healthier choices in what I ate made a huge difference in how I felt physically. And staying disciplined in both of those areas increased my mental strength as well. (I didn't realize the importance of mental strength until I possessed it). 

But other areas, I noticed, required something more, hence the lack of self-discipline. I needed accountability, someone to check in on me to make sure I was getting it done. 

So I did it. I made commitments to others. Running with my brother. Singing with my niece. Meeting with a good friend to keep me accountable to the growth of this blog. And this makes me excited because things are going to get done! 
Goals are going to be met! 
Dreams are going to come true!! 
Okay, that's a little over the top, but you never know...

What do you need help accomplishing? 
Need an accountability partner? 

KC

No comments:

Post a Comment