Friday, August 14, 2015

messy house

The past week or so I have been deep cleaning rooms and closets and cupboards and shelves. The purging process has become addicting as I look at my organized rooms and closets and cupboards and shelves. And I feel more relaxed and in control.

But here's the funny thing: my house, on a surface level has now been messier over the past couple of weeks. Things on the floor and on tables or counters. Legos, markers, paper, books.... You'd think that it would stress me out!

But it doesn't and I think I have figured out why.

Everything now has a home. That feels good. 
I look at the small messes throughout the house and I know they can be easily straightened up. It didn't used to be that way. Because the deep parts of my house were chaos. Adding surface messes to the deep messes just brought life nearly out of control!

(I know. What a weird thing to sit and think about and figure out, but that's kinda just how my mind works. I often overthink things, but it actually helps me understand myself and other people better.)

And here's the application that came to mind today (because I overthink things): my life can be so busy at times that it can seem to border on catastrophe. But deep down in my heart and soul, I am set on a Rock. That Rock is steadfast. The deep is not out of control. It is controlled by Someone greater than me. That is where my peace comes from to make it through the day's chaos. 

Although the surface might be a bit messy, the deep is not out of control. Yep. That's a pretty good picture of my life, and that's exactly how it needs to be.

KC

No comments:

Post a Comment