Sunday, August 16, 2015

Jesus and birthday parties

"But when Jesus comes, what if I'm not ready?!" Yet another one of Jayne's deep emotionally involved questions. (Seriously deep-thinking kiddo here. No wonder she gets emotional. That's a lot for a kid to think about!) 

I told her that I don't know what it's going to be like. I don't even know exactly what heaven's going to be like. But I trust Jesus enough to know that He loves us and only wants good things for us. That means it's all going to be more wonderful than we can even imagine and we are not going to want to be back here on this earth!

Just like her birthday party coming up. She might not know every single detail about what I am planning, but she trusts me enough to know that it's going to be a good thing. And then she got distracted talking about all the things she wants to do for her birthday party and who to invite and when she should have her party. (Squirrel!) 

I think we resolved that fear for now. Or at least distracted her from it for the time being. 
But I, for one, am grateful that I don't have to fear the future. I might not know exactly how it's all going to go down, but I'm okay with that. God knows and I trust Him. 

Maybe heaven will be like an awesome birthday party...

KC


No comments:

Post a Comment