Wednesday, November 18, 2015

always a mom

I met with my mom today. We had to talk through the details of Thanksgiving dinner. These are important things! 

However, over a breakfast burrito and coffee at the local bakery, I ended up pouring out my momhood woes once again. That poor mother of mine has had to listen to my heart about raising my kids for the past 10 years! Goodness, what a saint!

I know it's difficult for her to watch me struggle, to see the tears in my eyes, to want to help but not always know how. But she listens and rarely interrupts and at the end of my emotional mess, she always has words of wisdom (even if she doesn't think she does!) And I always leave our times together encouraged and with a new perspective.

I am truly blessed. If she's played any kind of motherly role in your life, then you know you are blessed too.

I don't know who you have in your life who can listen and encourage you like that, but when you find that person, don't let go. Let them know the value that they are in your life. Appreciate them out loud so that they know they are serving a purpose in your life.

My mom is an amazing mother and I am blessed to call her my friend.

I hope that one day my daughter will say the same about me.

KC

(Sappy, I know...and it's not even Mother's Day!)

No comments:

Post a Comment