Tuesday, November 24, 2015

exactly what i needed

I got a phone call from one of my big brothers this evening. I've got 3 of them. If you've had the chance to spend any time with any one of them, then you know I'm pretty fortunate to have these 3 big brothers in my life and the lives of my family. 

My brother knew I was struggling with a situation. He didn't call to solve the problem for me. He didn't call to give me advice or his opinion. 

He called because he cared about me. 

His purpose in calling me was simply to tell me to sit back and enjoy my evening and not let the craziness of life get in the way.

He cares about me and that was all I needed to hear to handle life again.

Sometimes you can't help solve someone's problem. Sometimes you don't have the best advice for the situation. Sometimes you are at a loss in how to help someone. 

Maybe the best thing you can do is tell them that you care. 
Maybe that's exactly what they need to hear.

I didn't know it when he called, but it turns out that it was exactly what I needed.

KC

No comments:

Post a Comment