Sunday, March 20, 2016

oh, monday...

Last week nearly did me in. I struggled to catch my breath, at times. One morning I had to use every bit of my mental strength to physically get my body out of bed because my emotions told me it would be easier to just stay in bed all day. THAT was a rough day. And it continued from the weekdays right into the weekend, until today.

Ah, Sunday. I needed you! 

Because tomorrow is Monday and it starts all over again. 

I keep telling myself that this is just a season. This time of exhaustion and emotional days of parenting and busy-ness of life will pass. But who am I kidding?! It's not in me to slow down. And after this season there will just come another busy season, I'm certain!

At night when I fall into bed wondering how I can face another hectic day, there is a verse I learned in a song that comes to mind:

The steadfast love of the Lord never ceases.
His mercies never come to an end.
They are new every morning,
New every morning,
Great is your faithfulness, oh Lord.
Great is your faithfulness!
(Scripture is found in Lamentations 3:22-23)

Can I just say how grateful I am for new mercies every morning?! I'm sure I have nearly worn out those mercies for today and could use a fresh batch of them tomorrow!

So Monday, go ahead: hit me with your best shot!!

Wait, no. Maybe not. You can feel free to take it easy on me cause last week Monday seeped into Tuesday, some of Wednesday, Thursday, and definitely Saturday! That is a whole lotta Monday.

But whatever comes, I've got a loving, merciful, amd faithful God ready to take on the day with me. 

We've got this.

KC

No comments:

Post a Comment