Monday, March 21, 2016

raising perfect children

This: 

TRY AS I MIGHT to raise wonderful kids that everyone loves and adores and wants to spend all their waking moments with, I cannot make them perfect. 

But just so you know, I am working my tail off over here to teach and train and discipline and encourage my kids to be awesome members of society, even when my kids end up proving me wrong. And my husband is right next to me on this. You'd think that two adults with the same mindset would be able to come together and successfully raise two phenomenal kids, right?

You'd think that... unless you're a parent. Then you know that's impossible. 

Because kids are kids! Which is just another way of saying that kids are human too, just smaller. They make stupid choices. They hurt other people's feelings. They say the wrong thing. They step on toes. And they have their own laundry list of weaknesses, just the same as us less-than-perfect adults who should know better.

So you keep working to raise those upstanding, godly children and we'll do the same and when my kid whistles too much in your house or your kid tells me he doesn't like my cooking, we'll just smile graciously and know that we parents are trying our best! 

Keep on keeping on, Mom and Dad!

KC

No comments:

Post a Comment