Tuesday, March 15, 2016

politics, schmolitics

This post is going to leave a lot of you thinking that I'm ignorant. 
In this situation, I am okay with that.

I don't pay a lot of attention to Presidential candidates and what other people post about whom ever is running currently. I don't care that much. 

As a matter of fact, when the time comes to vote, I chat with my husband, who stays more informed on such things, and because I trust him, I pretty much vote as he does. We have such similar morals and political views, that I'm perfectly okay with him researching and choosing what he believes is best for our family and the people we care about.

And you know what I do?

I don't let all the garbage and opinions influence how I feel about each of you. You have a right to your opinion and I have the right to like you and love you no matter what your political opinion is. 

You know why?

Because we do not have to agree on things to be friends. 


I know not everyone agrees with this line of thinking. After all, how can I remain friends with a liberal person when I am such a conservative person. Doesn't that create some kind of ethical dilemma for me? 

Nope. 
It didn't for Jesus. 
It doesn't for me. 

So you won't see me post Presidential candidate opinion memes and the like. I don't care enough to express my political views and ruin a friendship because of it. 

Which leads into the bigger picture: HOW CAN YOU NOT CARE ABOUT THE FUTURE OF OUR COUNTRY?!

Fact of the matter, in my mind, is that this country is going to have a rough go of it no matter what. I don't see things getting better too quickly around here, no matter who gets in office. Sure, some guys/gals are worse than others, but that's why I let my husband help me determine who the best of the worst is...so to speak.

And you know what I do?

I focus on my job here in my home: raising two children who have to live in this country, no matter what direction it goes. Preparing those two children to handle this world and their future is my most important task at hand. That keeps me pretty stinkin' busy with very little time to pay attention to the memes and articles about the various candidates.

Those kids are the future. 
I hope there are more parents doing the same thing because maybe that generation will bring about some better Presidential candidates! 

I freely admit to my ignorance and you all can judge me accordingly. 

Or maybe forget the whole judgment thing and let's just hang out and be friends. 

KC


No comments:

Post a Comment