Tuesday, May 10, 2016

wisdom

So here is my great wisdom for today in this world of parenting:

The longer I am a parent, the more I realize just how little I know. 

Don't let my kids know this, but by the time they are 18, I will be a complete idiot. When they know everything about all things because they are the wisest 18 year olds to walk the face of the planet, I will, in fact, be that fool that they think I am. 

*sob*

But honestly, folks, I knew how to parent before I had kids. It made total sense how it was all going to work out. 

Then I had kids and realized how big of a fool I was pre-child. 
(I'm not calling any of you pre-children or non-children folks "fools" but I am claiming that title for myself.)

There are days when I think I have a grasp of what I'm supposed to be doing, that maybe I've got a little bit figured out, but that is usually followed up shortly by the rug being pulled completely out from under me. And I'm left sitting on my rearend wondering how in the world am I supposed to deal with THIS new situation. And why are there still new situations? Haven't I dealt with enough life situations with my kids?! #exhausted

So if you see me around town with two well-behaved children and my truck is clean and my hair is done all nice and pretty, just know that I really don't have it together. It's all being held together by hairspray and duct tape. 

That might seem a bit precarious, holding life together with duct tape, but have you used that stuff before?! It's pretty amazing.

And my duct tape, what's holding everything all together for me, is a Heavenly Father who has me in the palm of his hand. 

I don't know it all, but it's okay because HE does. And He is carrying me through this parenting "test" that I didn't study hard enough for. I am so grateful He is, because without Him, I'd probably give up.

Yay for God-shaped duct tape! 

KC

(To be honest, I didn't see this post going in the direction of duct tape, but now that it did, I'll never look at duct tape the same again!) 

No comments:

Post a Comment