Wednesday, February 3, 2016

74

That's how old my Pa would have been today: 74.
He's been gone nearly 9 years.
Do you know how much I have missed out on in those 9 years?
If you've never met him, you missed out.
If you knew him, you understand.
He was quite something.

Yeah, I'm going to give you one of those lectures:
Grab the ones you love and spend time with them.
Those "olders" in your life are pretty amazing, if you give them your time.
When my Mom has time to meet (she's busier than me, y'all!), we make the time to meet.
Because I didn't get my full share of memories with my Pa, I'm making them with my Mom.
I won't look back on my life and wish I had spent more time with her.
I won't let that happen.

Sometimes as a parent it hits me: I give so much of myself for my children. I am exhausted by the end of the day. That's why I am here: for my family. My husband goes to work every day. For our family. I know that as we get older, we will continue to do things for our kids and then their families. Once you become a parent, you never stop being one. That is SO MUCH WORK!!!

And my Mom and Dad did that. So I will give my mom my time back. I will take care of her whenever she needs me, no matter what her needs are. (Unless it is mowing the lawn because I HATE trying to start the lawn mower. Plus, that's why I have nephews...)

And someday, hopefully my children will feel the same way about me.

Leviticus 19:23 - Stand up in the presence of the aged, show respect for the elderly and revere your God. I am the Lord.

I'd say that's pretty clear. Wouldn't you?

KC

No comments:

Post a Comment