Wednesday, February 17, 2016

say it


I know I've written about this topic in the past, but because of the difference one kind comment made to me this past weekend, it bears repeating. 

If you have a kind word to give to someone, give it!! It is a gift to the person you are giving it to. You never know how big of a difference your kind word will make in someone's life, or how much they need to hear it, or how it might change their entire perspective on life or their attitude about themselves. 

I happen to mention to my mom my struggles on homeschooling, how I will probably always feel like a failure (common thread here for me, I know...) She looked at me incredulously (what a great word, eh?) and pretty much put me in my place, as mothers are supposed to do. She told me that I was a great teacher to my 2 children, the things I do with them was much more than she did with us (which I doubt because she was pretty great!) and that my kids were fortunate to have a mom/teacher like me. 

(You know, you always believe in your heart that your momma is proud of you, but hearing out loud just confirms it!) 

Those words have stuck with me since last weekend. My mom thinks I'm doing a great job. When I think I'm falling short, I know my mom has confidence in me. When I'm struggling in the middle of the day, I'm leaning on those words for strength. When I think no one knows all the work I'm doing, I know she's watching. I know she sees it. 

See? My mom had no idea how those words would affect me, but they were huge!

So who needs to hear those words from you today? 
Give that gift. 
Make their day. 

(How cute is this?! I wish I knew who had created it so I could give credit.)

KC

No comments:

Post a Comment