Tuesday, June 11, 2013

just gotta clean

You ever get so overwhelmed that you just have to clean? Okay, so that might just be a quirk of mine. Sometimes when my life seems a bit out of control, and I just have too many going on at once, I find one room in my house that needs some straightening up (most of the rooms need it, I just find one) and I get to work making it clean. You know why? Because it is the one thing I can get into order and make "sane" when everything else isn't.

The crazy thing is that nothing else changes. All the other stresses are there and waiting to be handled. The only thing I've accomplished is one clean room! But that one room sets my mind in the right direction: the direction of accomplishment. If I can handle a messy room and make it in order, then I can tackle the next thing and get it accomplished also.

I think there's a message somewhere in there... Here's my thinking: when all else in life seems crazy, busy, out of control, overwhelming, I can handle it all if I have myself in order with God. Because once I do the first task of putting Him in charge, all else is manageable. (I knew there was a message in there somewhere; God is good that way!)

Well, that was a quick one, but a good one, I think.  Now to get started on tomorrow (but maybe some sleep first).

No comments:

Post a Comment