Thursday, June 13, 2013

sleeping children

I just peeked in on my sleeping children.  I do it every night.  They are very peaceful.  They look like angels.  All of today's garbage is gone.  All the bickering, fighting, rudeness, and disrespect is over and there is peace.  I think I go check on them more for myself and my sanity than to see if they are okay.  Because every night I am reminded that I should love them no matter what.  Today is over and we start fresh tomorrow.

You know, God never sleeps.  You think maybe he likes to use all His time awake to check on us all around the world while we are sleeping?  To remind himself that when we're not getting ourselves into a world of trouble, we're pretty neat?  To give himself a break from the chaos we create?

Nah.  He already knows we are a mess and chose to love us unconditionally anyway.  He doesn't need a break from us.  I think he lets us sleep because we need a break from ourselves!

Speaking of which, I'm going to bed.  It's been a LONG day.  :)

KC

No comments:

Post a Comment