Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Vacation Bible School - V--B--YES!

My kids have been at VBS all week (for those of you who are not familiar with VBS, it stands for Vacation Bible School - kids go to the local churches for a week of mornings learning more about Jesus and who He wants them to be).  They love it!  And I will admit that I love it too.  Five mornings of no bickering is what I imagine heaven to be like. *sigh*

But you know what I like even better than the peace and quiet?  My kids are at a place where God is exciting.  Learning His truth is a fun thing.  I want my kids to think that God is awesome!!  Yes, sometimes learning about the Bible is hard work: we memorize, sometimes the scriptures are boring, doing the right thing is often difficult, and do we have to pray before every meal?!

But at VBS, learning about God is great - He's pretty cool.  And those Christian teenagers?  They're pretty cool, too.  And the lady leading the songs with the motions?  She's awesome!  And the snacks and the crafts and the games?  LOVE it all.

So maybe, just maybe, church isn't so bad after all...

KC

No comments:

Post a Comment