Wednesday, December 25, 2013

afterglow

It's done. Toys are strewn across the floor. Two overly tired children are tucked in sound asleep snuggled in their cozy new blankets, my hair and clothing still smell like the turkey dinner we had at my Mom-in-law's, and my husband is fast asleep after working today and going back to work tomorrow.  And here I sit in the afterglow.  

And tomorrow I'm going to enjoy the afterglow some more.  

Because we rushed up to Christmas with all our busy-ness.  And with excitement we opened all the presents.  We ate all kinds of delicious food even when we were no longer hungry.  We enjoyed every minute of all of it!!! But I, personally, never just sat to relax. 

So tomorrow I will sit.  I will watch the kiddos play with their new treasures.  I might just stay in my pajamas until noon!  And I will sit.  And relax.  And enjoy the afterglow.

Merry day after Christmas to you all!

KC

No comments:

Post a Comment