Friday, January 3, 2014

the up-side to optimism (see what I did there? clever.)

I found this quote on Pinterest a while back.  

I'm an optimist.  Sometimes too much of one.  I always look for the good in people, assuming the best of them and their character.  I suppose that could get me in trouble someday but again, I'm too optimistic to think that would happen.  

Some might think I am naive or perhaps dumb.  I don't have enough experience in this world.  Perhaps that is true, but I prefer to think that I walk in faith and that accounts for my optimism.

I have experienced sorrow.
I have had hardships.
I have cried countless tears.
I have fought secret battles.
I have walked uphill without shoes on. 

And I have survived.  How can I look back at all I have been through so far in my life, see how often God has carried me through (which is every time) and not be optimistic?  Goodness, He's taken care of me my whole life!  Why is He going to give up on me now?!

So yeah, I'm optimistic. I blame my faith.

KC

No comments:

Post a Comment