Thursday, January 1, 2015

make it last a little longer...

I haven't taken down my Christmas tree yet.
I think my reasons are two-fold:

1. It is work. And I am already trying to stuff a whole bunch of projects into these two weeks because I'm on vacation from homeschool and piano lessons and that's what vacation is, right? Getting stuff done that you can't get done during the school year! And the pine needles, and the ornaments going into the correct boxes, and then getting everything all put away only to discover a little snowman snowglobe that got left in someone's room. And then it's all packed...except the little cutsie decorations you decided to put in the bathroom this year. And two days later you find a couple of ornaments under a chair and when you move the chair you find more pine needles! Gotta get the vacuum out again! What a process.

But I honestly don't think that the "work" of taking down Christmas is why I haven't taken down the decor yet. This year I think it's a little something else.

2. I'm not ready to say good-bye to Christmas yet. I'm usually a fan of getting things cleaned up and having fresh starts (I mean I've been purging this house of excess for a week and a half now! Good times...) But there is something so calm and relaxing about seeing our tree all lit up in the corner over there. This year was different from the past. I enjoyed Christmas much more. Once the break started, God just changed my focus. He pointed my perspective in the right direction and kept it there. I wasn't exhausted or overwhelmed. I enjoyed it all, even the busy days. 

I guess you could say that I'm apprehensive about jumping into next week. Because when the craziness starts up, my focus tends to waver. And then I get exhausted and overwhelmed all over again.

I just want to hold onto Christmas a little bit longer...

But, if my tree is still up a month from now, then you might need to sit and have a serious conversation with me! 🎄

KC

No comments:

Post a Comment