Wednesday, January 14, 2015

TEAM ANGEL

Last night I tried to write, but every time I tried, I sobbed. My dearest friend from many years ago and her husband and their two youngest had to say good-bye for now to their 15-year-old son and brother yesterday. 

Their story of the past 12 years is full of amazingness, miracles, superheroes, incredibleness, and much that is beyond belief simply because it has been governed by the hands of God. And God's hands are now holding their son's hands. Goodness, people - can you imagine that?! The feeling of being with God?! He knows now - their son knows that feeling...

So I don't sob for him - my heart is full of joy for him.

I sob for my friends, his family, who are here on earth left with a huge void. I sob for his brother and sister who feel this loss to their core. I sob for unties and uncles, cousins and grandparents who have deep bonds with this amazing boy. I sob for the numerous people whose lives he touched just by being his superhero self. 

I sob because I am a mother and I cannot imagine or even fathom the loss of one of my children.

Life here on earth is hard. It is unfair. It is devastating and unbelievably overwhelming. We were not created for this. We were not made to understand and know how to deal with death. 

But even with this great and heavy sadness, there is beauty. Because that is God's way. If you have the opportunity to read Angel's story (copy and paste: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Team-Angel/222567347803759 or simply go to Team Angel on Facebook), you will see so much beauty that it would be impossible to miss God's hand in Angel's life. 

Praise God for His beauty from the ashes because that is where we find hope.








No comments:

Post a Comment