Wednesday, January 21, 2015

the battle

The battle.
The uphill climb.
The fight against the odds. 
The struggle.

That feeling of UGH when you know you are traveling in the right direction, going where God wants you to go, but everything seems to be fighting against you.

Creating a routine for devotions, but you are constantly interrupted.
Getting to church regularly so you can be fed, but someone is sick or you slept in or the outfit looks terrible or some other excuse.
Trying to spend more time with your children, but the "to-do" list gets in the way. 
Building a closer relationship with your spouse, but the irritations and petty arguments are more evident than usual.

I've had a couple of "trying" weeks this month. I am striving. Working to create good habits for myself and my family. But around every corner there seems to be something to frustrate me or to make me disappointed in myself. 

But I won't give up. Even when it feels like I have taken one step forward and two steps back, I will keep striving. Because I know those frustrations, those obstacles are not from God, but are the devil's little tricks to keep me from following God.

Don't give up. If God is pushing and prodding you to go in one direction, fight the battle that the devil is going to wage on you so you can keep going where God wants you to go.

The battle you are in simply means you're headed in the right direction.

KC

No comments:

Post a Comment