Monday, September 26, 2016

I don't know

Today I watched a video clip on the Black Lives Matter Movement and the All Lives Matter Movement. (Ok, I don't know if they are movements or what because there's so much I don't understand about people these days.) My 11-year-old daughter caught a bit of it but I ended up turning it off because the language was too much for both of us.

As I tried to explain what is going on in our world, she asked, "Is that happening again?" (I've taught her about segregation and our country's history with with salvery and such.) 

My response? "I don't know."

I so desperately want to teach her how to understand our world so she can figure out what her role is in it all. But I don't understand it myself.

So I told her I'd pray about it with the hopes that God would give me a clear way to explain to her what's happening in our country. 

But I don't know what's happening. I don't understand it all. I know there are two sides to every story, but it seems as though now there are 165 sides to every story and the picture is never clear. 

So forgive me if I don't jump in on the comments to support one way or another. 

I'm just gonna keep praying for perspective and for the wisdom to teach my kids how to make this country a better place. 

KC


No comments:

Post a Comment