Wednesday, October 19, 2016

5 best things about fall

Ok. One of my bestie girlfriends tells me that I should write lists once in a while because she's a sucker for them. And so am I!! So let's hope more of you all are suckers just like us...

I chose to write about the 5 things I like about this season because, unlike many if you, I don't actually care for the fall. It's definitely in competition for my least favorite season... However, I try to look for the good in everything, so that's what I did with this list: 

1. Rain boots. I dislike rain, but I love rain boots. And even if it's just a little bit cloudy, I'm gonna wear them because rain boots are so fun! I know it's probably some kind of fashion faux pas to wear them as much as I do, but I don't really let fashion faux pas' stand in my way.  Never have. Never will. Shucks, I don't even know what faux pas means - I'm lucky I even figured out how to spell it! And if you're shopping: I'm partial to polka dotted rain boots. 😉
(I won't stop a single one of you from buying these for me. I wear a size 9.)

2. The fireplace. Okay, not the fireplace because ours is ugly, surrounded by white tile, no mantle, and puts out very little heat. So let's change that to the ambiance of the fireplace. There's a little flame in there, putting off just enough warmth to feel useful, and creating enough flickering light to make the room feel cozy. With the first rain of the season comes the annual text/call to Scott to make sure the flue is open before we light 'er up! 

3. Blankets. I am a blanket fiend. Quilted, furry, soft, big or lap-sized, afghan, cartoon characters, heavy, lightweight...I'm truly not biased when it comes to blankets. I love blankets of all sizes, shapes, colors, and textures. And I'll even share my blanket, unless you try to play some footsie game with me. That is not my bag. Then you can find your own blanket...
(I'm pretty sure I need this blanket, but I'm pretty sure it's going to take more than 45 minutes to learn how to do it.) 


4. Pumpkin spiced...just kidding! Once I got sick after eating pumpkin-flavored fudge. It wasn't the fudge's fault, I'm sure, but the relationship was created and now I can't eat pumpkin spiced anything, except pie. However, in order to make this #4 a legit part of the list: Salted Caramel Mocha Frap from Starbucks. I rarely get the sugar-filled drink, but I'll admit that I splurge every great once in a while during this time of year because I love a good sweet/salty combo. Mmmmm-hmmmm!!
(If you need to know my address for delivery, just text me.)


5. Perspective shift. It always happens as we are on our way to Thanksgiving. Life turns from the focus of getting itself together with the start of school, to calming down and focusing on the people and other blessings God has given us. I'll admit, I'm still in the crazy stage of school happening, but as we get closer to a few breaks in our schedule and we can breathe a bit more, we start to appreciate each other and our time together a whole lot more. Thanksgiving is one of the best holidays for my family: we eat, we hang out with those closest to us, and we set aside the entire day for playing games! 

What about you? 
Why do you like this fall season?

KC

No comments:

Post a Comment