Wednesday, February 19, 2014

bumpy roads

You know, life doesn't always go my way.  I've had lots of plans that I didn't end up following.  I've had bumps in the road that veered me completely off the track I was headed down.  I've had surprises, good and bad.  I've had my perspective changed, my attitude changed, my goals changed.  

If you had asked me in high school who I thought I'd be when I was 35, I would have never guessed it would be who I actually am today.

Here's the thing: even though I haven't always been thrilled with the road I've been on, I am grateful for where it has brought me!  I am who I am today because of those bumps in the road. 

God knew. He knew who He wanted me to be.  Although I do not believe that He sends the bad things into my life, I do believe He allows them to happen so that I might grow through them and become more refined into the person He desires me to be. 

I found this on Pinterest a while back.  I really like the way this was worded:

Being in a difficult situation can really stink, but knowing that God's already got it figured out makes it a little easier to walk through that situation.

KC


1 comment:

  1. I love your thoughts!
    It is so interesting how he uses relationships that grow, flourish and maybe even fade, people to polish and help us grow, or maybe even break us... to be better to be molded to HIS idea of who we are to be... and ever evolving being.
    By the way, I have 2 of those kind of Samsonite luggage pieces. And speaking of baggage, well, that's a whole other story!

    ReplyDelete