Tuesday, February 18, 2014

giggle, snort, chuckle

I love laughter. I love to laugh!! I adore it when my husband laughs.  It brings me joy to hear my kids giggle.  And I just love laughing! Except when I am being tickled.  That laughter is the laughter of a tortured soul. 

But back to the good laughter.  

When I was younger I read the comics in the newspaper.  Shucks, as I got older it was still the first thing I sought!  I would always search for the laughter sections in the Reader's Digest: Laughter, the Best Medicine, Humor in Uniform, Quoteable Quotes.  I'm always drawn to the comedies in the movie theater.  I spend ample amounts of time in the Humor section on Pinterest. I love to read joke books.  The best is when someone with awesome story-telling abilities tells a joke.  And I love to make other people laugh.

It brightens my spirit.  The sound of laughter (usually) brings enjoyment to others.  And it just makes a person happy.

And you know what else?  The more you enjoy things in life, the easier it will be to find humor in difficult situations.  And if you can find the humor in the lowest points of your life, then you know you'll be okay.

"A joyful heart is good medicine, but a crushed spirit dries up the bones." Proverbs 17:22.  

There have been some awfully low points in my life, but even then I have found humor and managed to go on with life.

So nowadays, I look for things to laugh, giggle or chuckle about because that makes this life survivable.

KC

What makes you laugh?

No comments:

Post a Comment