Thursday, February 27, 2014

thank you and i'm sorry

I had kids, two of them, and learned a very valuable lesson.  Well, lots of lessons, but it's just these two that I want to share tonight:

First of all, I owe my parents a huge amount of gratitude!  All the time and effort that I have put into our own children: it is unbelievable!!!  It is constant giving, sacrificing, frustration, exhaustion, and giving some more.  It never ends.  And my parents gave and gave to us kids.  Four of us kids!! I've only got two kids and I think they should be thanking me all day long!

Second of all, I owe my parents a huge apology. I know I was a pretty good kid, but even good kids are naughty and I deserved every spanking I got! Sometimes I pushed the limits as a teen. I was a stress case as a child.  I probably caused a bunch of grief through the high school years. I can't remember all the garbage I did, but I know now (having two kids of my own) that I did my fair share.

Now I get it.  And someday I hope my kids get it.

Mom - thanks for all you did for me and I'm sorry for all I did to you!
(Dad - if God decides to share this message with you up in heaven, thanks and I'm sorry!)

I love you!

KC

No comments:

Post a Comment