Wednesday, February 5, 2014

words

Have you ever had someone say something nice or encouraging to you and it just made you mad?

Nope, me neither.

After today I will make even greater attempts to encourage, to build up, to compliment the people around me.  Today I was overwhelmed with goodness from practically everyone I was in contact with.  (Except for the gal from Starbucks who never apologized for overcharging me - oh well!) I was sent texts of encouragement and perspective and a couple of pictures just to make me smile.  I had friends with listening ears and hearts, and with special little gifts.  There were hugs and smiles and concern for me and I felt bolstered.  (That's kinda a cool word: bolster - "to support or strengthen, to buoy up or hearten."  I think I'll make it a point to use that word tomorrow in conversation...)

So first of all: thank you to each and every one of you. You know who you are; each of you was very intentional and I feel BLESSED!

And second of all, the point I started out with: never be afraid to encourage someone.  It might make their day.  It might keep them afloat.  It might bolster their spirits (eh? eh? You like how I used that there?) It might just make the difference between surviving the day or truly living that day.

So what's it gonna hurt?  Probably nothing.  What is there to be afraid of? Nothing.  

So go ahead, say something nice.  Because you are a blessing.

KC
(Via Pinterest)



No comments:

Post a Comment