Friday, April 24, 2015

what are you looking for?

(I have GOT to get out of this habit of writing my blogs so late at night - sheesh!) 
(And who starts a blog post with parenthesis?)
(That's just ridiculous.)
(But I guess late at night is when most of my ridiculousness comes out...obviously.)

I don't know if you all follow me on facebook or Instagram or Twitter, but if you do, you've probably noticed an increase in my somewhat funny posts. (I say "somewhat" because I'm funny, but not THAT funny.) I'm not sure what prompted it, but I decided to start sharing my viewpoint on life through those 3 avenues. Sometimes facebook, (especially facebook), can get so full of garbage that you just want to stay away from it for a while, but you can't because there are things you NEED to know. Right? Yeah, I know how you work - I'm the same way.

But I'm hoping that amongst all the junk you have to sift through, maybe one of my posts will bring a smile to your face, or give you something you can relate to, or be just a refreshing change of pace. 

Honestly, I'm not trying to hide anything behind my posts. Some of them show the joys of being a mom (if you missed the sarcastic tone there, go back and read that again as if it were a teenager saying it). Some share my difficulties in maintaining a house. Other posts are just ways that I am being a goofy mom. And then again about the true joys of being a mom. 

Most of them show you my perspective in life. I am a glass half full kind of person. I am looking for the good in the situation. I am searching for the positive. I am finding the humor in our every day lives. I'm the one who sits in a dentist's chair and makes the gals laugh even though I hate having dental work done (if that doesn't give you a good idea of who I am, then I give up!)

I know life is tough. And it's not always fun. I have plenty of tough, un-fun moments in my days. But if I didn't search for those reasons to find joy in each day, I would be a depressed basket case. (I feel like there should be a quote from the movie Pollyanna right about here, but the part of my brain that remembers movie quotes went to bed a long time ago.) (And the part of my brain that remembers movie quotes verbatim just doesn't exist, so it's probably good I'm not quoting the movie right now.)

Here's my point: look for the good, find the joy, look for reasons to be happy, smile at your kids' goofy antics. It might take a bit of practice to turn around a negative, pessimistic attitude, but it's totally worth it, I promise!

(That Pollyanna quote is going to haunt me until tomorrow morning when one of you guys posts it in the comments for me!!) 

KC

No comments:

Post a Comment