Monday, November 24, 2014

be there

I have a list of topics to write about. God has been extra inspiring these last couple of weeks, despite how exhausted I have been. However, my mind is is consumed by the loss my friend must be experiencing. She and her husband and their 4 kids had to say good-bye to their 17-year-old son this week.   

What do you say to that? How do you figure out the right words to say? What message do you send? There is nothing. Absolutely nothing you can say to make it better.

But, you can be there. 

I'm not always very good at this because I always think I have to have the right words to say, so sometimes I stay silent. 

But to be quite honest, I don't really remember the words that people said to me when my Dad died. I just remember them being there. I remember the hugs. I remember the expressions of sorrow and the tears.

I remember people being there.

Just be there.

And when time has passed, be there again. Because even with my Dad being in heaven for 7 years, I still want to talk about him. I want people to remember him. I want to hear stories and know that he was and is still loved. 

If you don't know what to say, just be there. 

KC

No comments:

Post a Comment