Thursday, November 27, 2014

the everyday gift

Today is a great day. One set aside to give thanks for all our blessings. Traditions, food, family, pie, games, and all that. These are all wonderful things.

But long ago I learned two very important things about Thansgiving:

1. Giving thanks shouldn't just happen on Thanksgiving Day, but everyday because there is always something to be thankful for.

2. The ultimate thing to be thankful for, the one thing I can always find within myself to be thankful for, no matter what the situation is this: that God, through his son, provided a way for me to someday leave this world full of sorrows, of sickness, of heartache, and tears so that I could join him in heaven, a place so perfect that my feeble mind cannot even comprehend it. 

Salvation - there is nothing I am more grateful for than this. 
And everyday I am grateful for this gift.



KC

No comments:

Post a Comment