Wednesday, January 25, 2017

sunshine, glorious sunshine

Can I just say: Praise Jesus and Hallelujah for the sunshine!!

It has been so nice to see blue skies and puffy white clouds and I don't even mind having to squint while I drive because I forgot my sunglasses, because my bones are finally starting to get warmed up by the sunshine! It. Is. About. TIME. People!!

I hate rain. 
Okay, okay, "hate" is a pretty extreme word...I greatly dislike rain! 
I know we need it and it's good for our state and our crops and animals and people and whatever. 
But it's not good for me. It is not good for KC.
The grey skies, cold weather, wetness, and overall inconvenience of rain makes me miserable.
I am not a fan of anything related to rain EXCEPT rain boots and puddles to jump in while wearing rain boots! (See? I can still find a silver lining!)

Too much of the rainy cloudy weather will begin to make me feel gloomy. There is actually a disorder named "seasonal affective disorder" (S.A.D. - imagine that?!) that brings on depression, most commonly in winter. I might not suffer from that to the deepest depths, but it certainly bums me out!

People talk about being cozy by a fire, reading a book and drinking hot cocoa while the rain falls outside their window....WHO ACTUALLY HAS TIME FOR THAT?! Not me! I'm busy running around and doing all the crazy stuff I normally do, but in the rain! And the wind has epdecoded to join the rain, but only  at night WHILE I AM TRYING TO SLEEP! And the kids? They're not playing outside. Nooooooo, all the more time spent inside with yours truly. 

And yours truly is already suffering from "Rain Bums Me Out-ness" so yours truly is completely DONE with this rain.

So I'm going to do my happy dance all over my dry driveway and driving around surrounded by sunshine and while my kids play outside because sunshine makes me happy!! 

Because it looks like it's going to rain again in another week.

That's it. I'm going to Mexico.

KC

No comments:

Post a Comment