Saturday, October 5, 2013

a heavy day

It's been a heavy day today.  Difficult to process.  This morning I found out one of our long time family friends had passed away.  Just saw her on Sunday.  Played piano while her husband, son, and daughter-in-law performed and she watched.  So quickly. Gone.

How do you process that?

In my parents' close group of friends, my Dad was the first to pass away.  She's the second. They are not old.  They are still parents and grandparents watching their grand babies grow up.  Never reaching that "ripe old age."

I can tell you what has gone through my mind for the past 6 years: "it's not fair."  I can tell you all the reasons why it's not fair, but God did not promise fair so I won't torture myself with the "what ifs."  But it's not fair.  

People tell you things all the time to make you feel better.  Although many of them are true and realized, losing a parent sucks.  Forever. Till you yourself pass away into heaven.  But here on earth you live with that pain and ache, sometimes small, sometimes huge, forever.

Today, hug someone.  Tell someone you love them.  Look upon someone and cherish them.  And although it's a cliché, don't take tomorrow for granted.

Prayers for our family friends,
KC
  

No comments:

Post a Comment