Thursday, October 3, 2013

forgive me for not being political

You want to know why politics are not high on my list of things to converse about? Two big reasons:

1. I have kids. I know, I know, even more reason to be concerned about politics because it will affect their future! But in my world, I am so focused on parenting and raising these two kids to the best of my ability that I don't have time to read about the government and the ridiculous decisions they make. If I have time to read, it will probably be to get advice on parenting, or something more enjoyable than politics.  Plus, my husband knows a bit about politics and I trust his opinion because he's just as conservative as I am.  Plus, plus, politics make me sad.  

And even more importantly:

2. I have a God and He is pretty big.  Someone had this on their Facebook page today or yesterday (sometimes days just run into each other like that).  It was a reminder of something I already knew.  I'm not worried because even when our world seems out of control, He is not. He is sovereign. Sovereign: one possessing supreme political power (sovereign is also any of various gold coins of the United Kingdom, but that doesn't really apply here). SUPREME!  Supreme: more than just a pizza, it is the highest in rank or authority. (Really enjoying the dictionary app on my phone right now). But seriously, folks - there is no one higher in power.  I will not fear. I will not worry. He is in control.

I know some could criticize my ignorance, but at this point in my life I have not heard God calling me to the political realm.  I have friends who are passionate about politics and I am so grateful to know that there are God-fearing men and women who make politics their business.  

And what I said earlier about not fearing or worrying, I lied a little.  I do fear and I do worry on the surface, but down deep in an unmovable peace and calm that comes with knowing that Someone bigger and better is in control.  

KC

No comments:

Post a Comment