Saturday, October 12, 2013

the mom job

So tonight I came up with a half dozen topics that I'd like to blog about.  I got to working on a few but they are just too in depth for me to finish when it is nearly 12:30 at night.  I do have just a little thought to share with you .

Today I was talking with a few of the older generation and mentioned how parenting is hard work.  As the conversation continued, my uncle (of the older generation) mentioned that we should not get so burdened with the work of parenting that we miss out on the little joys that come along with it.

Now my uncle is a very wise man, but it struck me: perhaps I had given them the impression that parenting was a burden simply by mentioning that it was hard work .  When in fact I do not view the hard work as a burden, but more as making my dream come true.  I want to do a good job of being a mom. I've always wanted to be a mom.  When this is your dream, you are willing to put in the time and the effort and the hard work.  

Raising kids is hard work, but there is no other job that I want more than being a mom.

And that will be all for tonight!
KC

No comments:

Post a Comment