Wednesday, October 23, 2013

trials

I 've been through a few trials in my life.  Not the jury/judge kind of trial, but the "walking in the valley" trial.  The "I don't want to face today" trial.  The "why me?" trial.  The "what else can possibly happen?!" trial.  

I've been in the middle of trials, but I've also been on the other side.  The "I can't believe I survived that" side.  And you know what I learned?

Trials suck.  The devil is a real jerk sending this garbage our way to shake our faith.  He knows how to get to our weaknesses and expose them.  

Being at the lowest of lows, hitting rock bottom of despair, the only place you can look is up.  Sometimes you have to hit the low before you realize how much you need God to help you climb out.  You can't do it yourself.  

I've also learned that trials are survivable.  You can come out on the other side ready to face another day.  You can come out stronger than you went in.

And I have learned that trials are a privilege.  God has allowed me to walk through valleys because he wanted to see me grow.  He is refining me.  Why me and not her?  Because God determined that with His help I could make it through.  He knew that on the other side I would be a better person.  On the other side I would have a more intimate relationship with Him.  Why is He allowing this?  Maybe He's growing me for something even bigger in life.  

I don't understand it all.  But God does.  Believe it or not, He's got it all under control.  While the devil might have sent you a curveball, God will be right beside you, making sure that in the end you will be a better person, if you allow Him to guide you through it.

You will survive.

KC

No comments:

Post a Comment