Tuesday, October 29, 2013

sisters gotta hug!

This evening while completing a workout with a wonderful group of CrossFit gals, one dear gal who I have the privilege of calling "friend" walked over and gave me the tightest, squeeziest hug ever because she knew I needed it. I was exhausted and it was taking every ounce of gumption to complete the workout we were doing and she infused me with her strength.

A hug.  It changed my night.

I'm still exhausted and the workout was still extremely difficult for me.  Most parts of my body ache right now and will probably be twice as bad tomorrow.  I still have a long list of things to do this evening that will probably wait till tomorrow to get done (my chores are very patient with me).  And I can't look too closely at my house or I will see all that I need to do (blog on being overwhelmed coming soon) that hasn't even made it on to the "to do" list!

But. Tonight someone cared enough about me to hug me.  Someone saw what I needed and lifted me up (literally, I'm pretty sure she picked me up off the ground!). She turned my frown upside down (cheesy but accurate).  And that made all the difference for the rest of my night.

I love to give hugs.  I try to read people so that I don't accidentally hug someone who can't stand them because that's awkward.  But when I can and people are receptive, I hug.  Hugs can go so much further than words.  

Anyone remember this camp song?

Hug a friend's neck,
Hug a neck next to ya,
Hug a friend's neck and sing this song,
Hug a friend's neck, 
Hug a neck next to ya,
Hug a friend's neck and sing:
Hallelujah!!


Karen - thanks for squeezing my guts out tonight.  :]

KC

(Can you imagine being hugged by this buff chick?! Awesome!)




No comments:

Post a Comment