Wednesday, December 3, 2014

2.5 hours later

Tomorrow I have a boutique that I am a part of every year. I have all these little details that I still have to take care of. Finish making a few wreaths, add some flowers, make a few more copies of our business cards, re-create our custom order forms... and about 20 other things. 

But what am I doing at 10:40 at night? Laying on my daughter's bedroom floor, helping her stay mellow so she can fall asleep. Every once in a while she gets beside herself with some kind of drama and she just needs my presence to help her fall asleep. I'm not even going to get into what tonight's drama was. 😳

(If you've never been formally introduced to my daughter, here is a little glimpse: http://survivingbythegraceofgod.blogspot.com/2014/03/because-you-are-8.html and there are more posts about her but I am currently too tired to look for them...)

But that to-do list is still there in the back of my mind and I should be stressed out because I'm not doing anything!! But I'm not stressed. Why? Because I am where I am supposed to be: taking care of my daughter.

Tomorrow I might be a basket case. But right now my daughter needs me to be here for her. And that gives me peace regarding everything else in my life. Because everything else becomes secondary when it comes to being a wife and mom. (Although I will admit I'm not perfect at this...😁).

I guess that peace comes from knowing that if everything else fell apart in my life, but I was still taking care of my family, then everything would be okay. There is nothing more important in my life (after God), than what God has called me to do: love my family.

(Take note of when this post is actually published!) 

KC

No comments:

Post a Comment