Saturday, December 27, 2014

surviving by the grace of God

Today I had a chance to chat with a gal a bit about my blog and it got me to thinking: if I had to explain why I write, what would the simple answer be? (I spent hours cleaning out my 9 year old daughter's room today; I had a LOT of time to think!) 

So here's what I came up with: life here on this earth as a Christian, wife, mom, and well, a woman is difficult. And even when it feels impossible, it is important to know that you are not alone in what you are going through. I've made it through a myriad of difficulties in my life this far and have survived all of them, but only by the grace of God. 

Hence the blog: surviving by the grace of God.

Being a mom is tough:
I found out 8 years ago that raising my adorable little girl was going to give me a run for my money! 
Oh. 
My. 
Goodness. She is amazing but has taught me a whole lot about an iron will, how to reach the heart, how to stand up for myself 😳, and how to see the amazingness in a strong-willed child. I've survived so far by the grace of God. Which gives me hope for the next 10 (or so) years!

Living with an emotional disorder is tough:
Years ago I was diagnosed with an anxiety disorder that sent me into panic attacks and made life very difficult. I wouldn't do anything adventurous. Took no risks. I was often nervous and my fears took over much of my life. But after years of my heart racing, sitting on the outside edge of every row, knowing where every exit was in every building, I survived it by the grace of God alone. 

Losing someone you love is tough:
About 7 years ago I lost my Dad to cancer. I watched him get sick and pass on to heaven in a matter of 9 months. I don't need to go into any details for you to understand how difficult that is to go through. I survived the devastation but only by the grace of God.

I would say that these were the 3 most difficult things I have been through...so far. But on the backside of every one of them, I have grown immensely. I am stronger and wiser and closer to God because of each one. And although each one was (and still is) difficult to go through, I am grateful for what I have learned from each experience.

So I write. To relate. 
And because this crazy life is surviveable by the grace of God. 
I'm proof.

KC


No comments:

Post a Comment